SAE 2020 will represent a unique meeting point which offers the opportunity and a platform for the exchange of ideas and experiences between representatives of the academic community, official statistics, research centers as well as other institutions involved in developing and applying small area estimation methods. The topics of the conference will cover all the aspects of theory and applications of SAE and related field, as well as their potential uses in diverse research areas. This edition will put a special focus also on other topics which combine statistical research in small area estimation with the body of research based on Big Data .
Call for papers
At the SAE2020 Conference the keynote talks will be given by Prof. Graham Kalton (Westat Rockville, Maryland, USA) and Prof. Sunil J. Rao (University of Miami Health System).
The Conference Programme will be structured into invited and contributed sessions.
A talk can be presented at SAE2020 Conference upon acceptance of an abstract.
Abstracts with up to 300 words that are related to the theme of the meeting will be accepted on a “first-come, first-served” basis (answer within two weeks by the submission), subject to a favorable review by the scientific committee and space constraints. Submission must be done at Abstract Submission page.
Authors of accepted abstracts will have the option also to submit a short paper of up to 6 pages. Submission must be done at Short Paper Submission page.
Short papers will be reviewed by the Programme Committee.
The Book of Accepted Short Papers (with ISBN) will be published at the Conference.
A full version of the papers can be submitted after the Conference for a possible publication on a Special Issue of an International Journal.
January 13, 2020
Abstract submission opening
Febraury 24, 2020
Deadline for abstract submission
March 8, 2020
Abstract acceptance notification
Submission of short paper opening
March 30, 2020
Deadline for early registration
April 20, 2020
Deadline for short paper submission
May 15, 2020
Short paper acceptance notification
July 6-8, 2020
Conference Topics in the SAE 2020 include but are not limited to the following:
- SAE in Official Statistics
- SAE using Big Data Sources
- Spatial approaches and satellite imagery in SAE
- Computational Science for SAE
- Machine Learning for SAE
- Statistical Learning for SAE
- Social media digital fingerprints and SAE of social indicators
- Anonymized and aggregated mobile data for SAE
- SAE of indicators of education and household characteristics
- SAE and Big Data in poverty mapping
- SAE methods for time series data
- Methods for indirect SAE
- Bayesian statistics for SAE
- SAE using mixed models/multilevel models
- Generalized Linear Models for SAE
- Model-based inference for SAE
- Nonparametric methods for SAE
- Developments in design-based sampling variance estimation
- Composite estimators for SAE
- SAE for repeated surveys
- Robust methods for SAE
- Selection and checking for SAE models
- New advancements (developments, challenges) in Sample Surveys
- Other topics related to SAE